Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Your stories – Deb

FormerMember
    FormerMember

March is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, and today we have a guest blog from Deb. She shares her experience of being diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

There are several symptoms of ovarian cancer – bloating, feeling full quickly, needing to wee more and persistent stomach pain, but I didn’t know about them (and I didn’t have them). This blog is about how I was diagnosed.

When you’re 66, period pain isn’t…

• When ovarian cancer runs in the family – recent research

FormerMember
    FormerMember

March is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. In this blog post, information development nurse Hilary looks at risk-reducing treatment for women who have a high risk of ovarian cancer.

Most ovarian cancers are not caused by inherited genes, and most women who get ovarian cancer don’t have a family history of it. But some women have a high risk of developing this type of cancer because:

• Our information across the UK – Northern Ireland

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It’s 17th March – Happy St Patrick’s Day! In this blog, Roisín Kerr, Policy and Communications Manager, talks about the importance of being able to access information that is relevant to where you live.

This is the second in our series of blogs looking at information specific to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. 

If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with cancer, you’re not alone. It…

• Your stories – Nigel

FormerMember
    FormerMember

March is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, and today’s blog is from an extremely inspirational man called Nigel. He has kindly agreed to share his experience of being diagnosed with prostate cancer to help us raise awareness and inspire others.

My journey started in May 2004 when I was told I had ‘inoperable, incurable, locally-advanced prostate cancer’ and that I would receive an appointment with the oncologist…

• World Kidney Day – what your kidneys do for you

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today is World Kidney Day. The day aims to raise awareness of the importance of our kidneys, and to reduce the frequency and impact of illnesses that affect the kidneys. In this blog, editor Elissia explores the kidneys and kidney cancer. She answers questions like: What are the kidneys? What do they do? What is kidney cancer? What causes it? And what are the symptoms of kidney cancer? 

So, let’s start with the basics…