Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Alcohol Awareness Week 2017

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This week is Alcohol Awareness Week. This blog, written by our intern Helen, will talk about some of the risks associated with drinking too much alcohol and give some tips to help you cut down how much alcohol you drink.

What are the risks associated with alcohol? 

For the last six months, I have been working in a busy pub where I’ve been pulling pints, making cocktails and pouring a surprising number of tequila shots…

• World Diabetes Day – Diabetes and cancer

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today is World Diabetes Day, when millions of people around the world come together to raise awareness of diabetes. In this blog, written by information production and promotion officer Genevieve, we talk about cancer and diabetes.

There are thought to be about 4.5 million people living with diabetes in the UK. This includes almost 3.5 million people who have actually been diagnosed with diabetes. But it also includes…

• Lung Cancer Awareness Month 2017

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This Lung Cancer Awareness Month, Editorial Assistant Liza shares information about lung cancer risk factors, symptoms, types of lung cancer and diagnosis.

Lung cancer is the third most common cancer diagnosed in the UK. About 46,400 people are diagnosed with it each year. The number of men diagnosed with lung cancer is decreasing. But the number of women diagnosed with it is increasing.

Most lung cancers are caused by…

• Caring for someone with cancer and dementia

FormerMember
    FormerMember

About 850,000 people are living with dementia in the UK. Many people living with dementia also have other health conditions, including cancer. The number of people living with both dementia and cancer is growing. In this blog, written by senior editor Sarah, we explain more about the effects of living with cancer and dementia and how you can help someone with these conditions.

This image shows a quote from Mary, who cares for her father: '‘Dealing with Dad’s dementia alongside his cancer diagnosis and treatment is, at times, challenging on my part.’

Living with cancer and dementia
    Having both…

• Your stories – Joyce

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    This image shows a photo of Joyce, who wrote this blog. And a banner which reads Mouth Cancer Awareness Month - Joyce's Story

November is Mouth Cancer Awareness Month, and today we have a guest blog from Joyce. She one of our reviewers, and was diagnosed with mouth cancer almost 10 years ago.

Hello, my name is Joyce and I’m a mouth cancer survivor. It was back in 2008 when a sore developed on the floor of my mouth, not thinking too much of it I just plied it with a mouth ulcer gel.

Forward a couple of weeks and as the sore was still…