Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• International Nurses Day - Celebrating our team

To celebrate International Nurses Day, we're celebrating our wonderful team of Information Development Nurses. In this blog, we hear straight from the nurses mouth. What did they do before they worked for our team? What's a great memory? What's the best part of the job? Read all about it. 

Our Information Development Nurses write all the information that you see on our website as well as our booklets, factsheets…

• Top tips to stay safe in the sun

This week is Sun Awareness Week which aims to highlight the dangers of over-exposure to the sun and help people enjoy the sun safely. In this blog, Editorial Assistant Helen gives some tips on how to take care when the sun is out. 

Last month, the UK saw temperatures of up to 29.1°C and the hottest day in April since 1949. The sun was out in full force and lots of people headed outside to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather…

• Skin cancer - Spot the signs

The weather is warming up and early May bank holiday is here. Today’s blog, written by Editorial Assistant Eilis, is about spotting skin cancer symptoms to increase the chance of early detection. It also talks about what happens if you are diagnosed.

What do my mum, actor Hugh Jackman, and two members of the Kardashian clan have in common? Well, it’s certainly not millions in the bank and a ginormous social media…

• Long-term and late effects of cancer treatment

Long-term and late effects of cancer treatment are sometimes difficult to find information on. In today’s blog, Information Development Nurse Teri talks about some of the long-term and late physical effects of treatment, and ways to manage them.

For most people, the side effects of cancer treatment begin to improve once their treatment has finished. For some people, however, the side effects don’t completely go…

• Bowel Cancer Awareness Month - Barbara's Story

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This month is Bowel Cancer Awareness Month. Volunteer reviewer Barbara writes today's guest blog about her experience of bowel cancer. She writes about how telling her family helped her cope and about why it's important to see your doctor if you see signs of bowel cancer.

Twenty-two years ago I had bowel cancer.

I had no pain, and no piles but I lost a stone and a half very quickly, without trying. I knew something…