• World Kidney Day - Paul's story

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This banner is for World Kidney Day. It shows Paul, who was diagnosed with kidney cancer two years ago.

This World Kidney Day, guest blogger and Macmillan volunteer Paul has written this blog about his experience of kidney cancer. He shares how he learnt he had kidney cancer after a pain in his side while on holiday, and how he has since recovered from surgery to remove his left kidney. 

Sitting on a beautiful beach in Menorca after a refreshing swim while on holiday, I started to feel a pain in the right side of my abdomen…

• Prostate Cancer Awareness Month - Alan's story

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This banner is for Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. It shows Alan, who was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2015. Alan is the guest blogger for this post.

This Prostate Cancer Awareness Month we’ll be sharing two blogs stories written by our volunteer cancer information reviewers about their experience with prostate cancer. In this first blog, Alan shares his story of advanced prostate cancer and how his support network and positive outlook have helped him cope with cancer.

Prior to summer 2015 I had no idea that I had a problem with my health. I walked regularly…

• World Book Day - Children's books about cancer

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today, on World Book Day, every child in full-time education in the UK receives a £1.00 book voucher. We wanted to share some good quality books about cancer or bereavement, for children to read on their own or with a trusted adult. In this blog, our Information Materials Researcher Sue Hawkins explains why and how we review children’s books about cancer. She shares some book suggestions, where to read the reviews…