Monday December 20th - Special friends!

Less than one minute read time.

Today I received a Christmas card from my friend Nuala.  Some of us have shared our difficulties surrounding Christmas cards this year.  Some of us have struggled in the card shops, others have decided not to send any cards this year at all but cards, when chosen carefully, can mean so much and I wanted to share with you the words from the Christmas card Nuala chose for me.

You probably feel this Christmas is a place you don't belong, and that this festive time makes it too hard to try and carry on.

Yet the real message at Christmas time is love and nothing more, so I'm here to care for you because that's what friends are for.

She lives in London with her hubby and 4 kids, youngest 10 and eldest 15.  She texts me every day and rings 2 or 3 times a week.  I know if I rung her tomorrow and said I needed her she would be here as soon as she could get here.  When Kieran couldn't do the reading at mums funeral she stepped up and did it.  My mum loved her to bits and so do I.  A very special friend!

Anonymous