My experience and staying STRONG!

1 minute read time.

Was diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma last tuesday and have found out its spread to my spleen and liver.

As a 27 year old mother of two young children the effect this has had is overwhelming. My family are devastated and of course so am i. My head is all over the place and i'm trying so hard to stay strong. I have a meeting with MDT on wednesday (made to wait a week?!) and will know my plan of action then hopefully.

I'm trying so hard to stay postive and desperately want the doctor to say i'm going to be alright. There seems to be such a stigma attached to the word cancer and as soon as you hear it you think death, thats it, end of the road. I cant afford to think like that, my gorgeous bbies need me too much.

I'm so sad for everyone who is going through this either as a patient or family member because it really is a horrific time. I'm still at the why me stage and my head is all over the place. Staying positive is the only way to beat this horrendous disease. I need to beat this, as do we all...............Truly terrified though :(

Good luck to all and God bless x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

i had hodgkins lymphoma, was diagnosed in october 2009, was stage 2b, i was 19... i just want to give you all hope, to say that im in remission, have been for just over a year now. and im coming up to two years since diagnosis.. my health is gettin better after the chemo, still fatigued some days, but its getting better.... keep fighting and stay strong.

Emz. .  xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks everyone, your stories really are worth so much to my emotional battle :) i think when your diagnosed with cancer all you want to hear is, your gunna be ok.

Its so hard seeing everyone just carryin on normal with their lives when yours is at a standstill tho isnt, feel like i'm standing on a cliffs edge just waiting for someone to help me. People keep saying your so brave or your so strong but i really cant think any other way other than that i'm gunna get rid of it because i have to!

Arrrr Ems its really hard when you have children isnt it, you feel you need to be strong for them but all you wanna do is curl in a ball and cry!!! I'm sure we will be just fine and hopefully in the near future we will beat it and look back at this knowing we are stronger women!

Thanks Vicki, good luck with your sons scan x

Thanks Kaz x

Yeah i agree Kate, i need a plan of action so i know how exactly i'm gunna beat this, thanks chick x

Wow Emz thats fab, nice to know your doing well... I'm dreading the chemo and fatigue but hopefully will be able to cope x

Good luck everyone and I'm feeling strong and ready for the battle :) xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Please someone help me what were the symptoms of yours before diagnosis xx