work? ok i would if i could...

2 minute read time.

well ive been off work a year and two months now. im fed up and bored of it now.

ive been looking for work for the last few months and nothing seems to come up. i guess the job crisis thats going on everywhere at the minute doesnt help, with all the redundancies and stuff. but equally when i have tried to apply for a job, i never hear anything back. not even a letter to say they have recieved my application, or my cv.

i could go back to my current employer, and old job.. but.. ive been told ive been permanently replaced.. another girl that worked with me, that left for maternity leave went to go back, and thats what they told her. and that if we wanted to go back to work, we would have to go 15 miles away. i cant drive. and live in a village, so would have to catch two or three buses to get there... ohh and then two or three buses to get back.. my manager hasnt contacted me in the whole time ive been off work. ive wondered wether to contact them or not, but then i really cant be bothered with the hassle. my work friend is going through the legal proceedings as they cant "permanently replace us" its not on. and apparently she has a case. she told me to do the same. but. i just dont want and dont need the stress.

ive applied for 6 jobs today. wonder how many i hear back from? seems like they all see or hear the word "cancer" then go running. but then if your not honest it doesnt go down to well either. especially because im still having check ups on a regular basis.. 

oh i dunno what to do with myself anymore. its boring sitting in all the time. some weeks im really busy, some weeks i have nothing to do. all i can do is keep trying... but isnt it hard when you want to get your life back on track, and it feels like your being kicked down all the time.

and i keep getting that same old question from lots of people... when are you going back to work.

when i can find something.. lol... i dont wanna do my old job so not to bothered about letting go of it, i dont think washing dishes was for me...

the right job will be out there .... somewhere....

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Emz...I believe your so right with regards as soon as you mention Cancer you become invisible to employers...it is now a law or will be soon  that they should not be asking any questions with regards health issues... but all the applications that i have filled in... over a dozen + so far... have a part thats asks for health related issues...i have filled them in ...and like you they have not replyed  or even asked for references...the latest one i personally delivered to the firm in person on monday 8 nov at 1.30 pm...i recieved a reply on wed 10 nov posted second class....the letter was dated mon 8th nov...did.nt take them long to reject my application...i was so p - - sed off i have complained to their head office...i am now waiting for a reply from their human resources dept..and if i don.t get a satisfactory reply from them i.m going to take it further...i may be wasting my time and would.nt even  have the job if they offered it me now but i.m sick of being sh.t on....Good luck with your search for a job..and your right there will be a job somewhere out there for you ...just don.t let it get you down while your searching for it...best wishes...

john...x