My Bionic Boob

• October 2021 - More to do

Pathology results came back: left side now cancer free but right side… every single biopsy they took, even if normal looking tissue, contained invasive breast cancer. It was what they call multifocal breast cancer, with dozens of tiny strands ...
  • September 2021 - Wide Local Excision Surgery

I was booked to have Wide Local Excisions (lumpectomy) on both breasts as a day case. They also intended to take out the 5th and 6th sentinel lymph nodes on the left side, where I had the invasive cancer. I was so scared of my op being cancelled beca...
  • August 2021 - testing testing

Before my Wide local excision surgery (aka lumpectomy), my surgeon wanted me to have an MRI. This was just to check the position of blood vessels etc and ensure there were no other areas of concern in my left breast. For the MRI I had to lie on my f...
  • June 2021 - Diagnosis

A week and a half before that fateful phone call, I’d been for a routine mammogram. I’d been experiencing some breast pain, especially in the left breast, but my GP said it was probably hormonal as breast cancer rarely caused pain. Beside...
  • In the time before June 2021

I’m a 55 year old mum of three - all grown up and only one left at home. I have recently finished a diploma in counselling, had completed my qualifying hours (and then some), for  a fantastic charity and just had to finish my very looooong...