Where can you run when theres nowhere to hide

1 minute read time.

I awake with anxiety, I can't control it, it controls me; often I'm disappointed that I'm awake, because, I have a far better time whilst I'm asleep. Awake, I have to acknowledge all my fears, doubts & worries & I spend the day trying to run away from them but they are running with me.

You can't run from your problems when your problems are you!

Physical & mental illnesses challenge you constantly, they are with you always & quite often remind you of what you can't do. Many tell me to focus on what I can do instead, which is all well & good but not always practically helpful.

At this moment in time I'm struggling with both physical & mental illness so don't feel I have any reserve within me to help myself. My mind & body are struggling & neither have the ability to help the other.

I'm emotionally drained, physically exhausted & mentally tortured; I am desperate to be well & I do all I can to try to achieve this but healing can be a slow process; my body might enjoy the slow pace back to wellness but my mind doesn't. 

So where do I run when theres nowhere to hide!?!

Anonymous
  • <p>Maver1ck</p> <p>Thank you for your words, you are right, it hasn&#39;t beaten me until I let it &amp; yes I know I must have some strength somewhere, else I would not still be here; Its interesting for me to read how others perceive what I write. It&#39;s very difficult to explain in words what great torment I experience &amp; the huge impact this has on my day to day life. I have the intelligence to understand that I could have better days &amp; possibly better health,&nbsp; but I feel that although I can strive for those, because they are top of my wish list, I don&#39;t seem to have the capacity to achieve them.&nbsp;</p> <p>I&#39;m not sure what I&#39;m saying is making sense but the way in which the mind works (or malfunctions) often doesn&#39;t make sense.&nbsp;</p>
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    <p>I always run to The Comforter. He is my hiding place. At 2 am, after a bad dream, I can talk to Him.Have a good moan, then thank Him for all the help I have received over the last four hears. My Friend is with me 24/7,,and has promised never to dump me, no matter how many I mess up! No! I am not a religious nut. Just a person with needs.</p> <p>Just wanted to help!!!</p>