Macmillan at the Party Conferences

• Labour Party Conference - Fourth and final day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

“Spoke at 2 fringes, had 11 meetings, 3 receptions and 1 dinner.  Pity I didn’t have time to get into the conference hall”.  Such is a day in the life of an MP at conference, according to this tweet by Anne Begg MP, Chair of the Work and Pensions Select Committee.  (Macmillan must take some responsibility for Anne’s hectic schedule – we met with her to talk about our Working through Cancer campaign that…

• The Labour Party Conference - Day Three

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I was hoping to blog about Ed Miliband’s first speech as the Labour Party leader, but I’m afraid there isn’t an awful lot to say…

Granted, Ed’s team may not have had very long to get the words together, and the Party seem quite happy to admit they are still working out their new policies. That said, considering the Government’s plans for such massive health reforms, it was disappointing that…
  • Labour Party Conference - Day two

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    No sooner than we had recovered from our trip to Liverpool we found ourselves travelling north again, this time to Manchester for the Labour Party Conference.
    On Sunday evening Beth and I attended the Care Reception at the Midland hotel. There is a huge amount of speculation surrounding the effects of the new Health White Paper on the NHS, particularly the role of GP commissioning and the disbanding of PCTs. However…
  • Day one of Labour Conference - Ed's you win

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So day one for the Macmillan Team at Labour Party Conference and it won't surprise you to hear the talk is of one thing - Ed Miliband's election as the new Labour Leader.

As a campaigner for the rights of people affected by cancer the first question you end up asking yourself is whether this is good for the people you represent.

As Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change before the General Election it was…

• Liberal Democrat Party Conference - Day Three

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Macmillan’s Public Affairs Team is now back in the office following our foray to the Liberal Democrat Party Conference.  After taking a day to catch-up on the work waiting for me here, I wanted to take some time to blog about Tuesday’s events in Liverpool…

The day started with what can only be described as a VIP moment - The Minister of State for Health, Paul Burstow MP, kindly took some time out…