Learning to live again

1 minute read time.
Hi guys.................after being told on the 30th of last month that I am now in steady remission, after a year of hell, to put it mildly! I am now learning how to live again. I will never know how the hell I have made it this far because I shouldn't have made it at all, it is all very strange. The grass is greener, the rain is warm, the sun is brighter and all the rubbish has left and only important things matter now. I know and I have said this before, the cancer may come back at any moment and if it does I will deal with it, but for now I will do all the things that I always wanted to do and never did. My motorbike is back on the road and riding it again for the first time in 16 months just blew me away, playing with my grand kids again was amazing and sitting in the garden, watching the birds in the avairy was so good,even hearing Kezzer (my african grey parrot) swearing at me was great! It just goes to show that when all seems lost, the sun can shine again, sadly not for all of us. I am the one out of my family that have managed to get this far, my Dad, eldest brother and my eldest sister didn't. At times I feel guilty for being in remission and I know that is stupid, if I had my way, we all would. Just hang in there..............I send hugs to all those that want them..........Love Carol x
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Delighted for you , Carol.

Don't feel guilty, you fought hard for it, so just enjoy.

Love, hugs & kisses & everything else that's good.

May

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Live differently maybe but what the hell! Terrific news. Really blinding and must be an inspiration to us all. The old friend that i saw in hospital last August and was on her way out is now firing on (nearly ) all cylinders. Take heed people. It does happen. And more often that you think. Have a swear at Kezzer for me, take the bike for a blast for me and then just DO IT!

Last of alKeep smiling

Love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wow, what great news!!  I'm so happy for you, you have been through so much.  Try not to feel guilty though, I'm sure your family are cheering you all the way from wherever they are now!

Take care

pheonix  xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Fantastic news, you go live your life, ride that bike and swear at that bird girl.

Carolxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

HelloCarol ,

Well done ,you have been to hell and back. As you say the sun is brighter etc.Nowadays I have nearly all good days because I just wake up in the morning glad to be alive.

Julie