Kezzerbird....where to start on this one?

2 minute read time.

I have just come out of hospital after my second kidney infection but now I know why it is happening. My cancer is blocking my right kidney and causing cronic infection, right ok, another hiccup along my cancer journey. The next step is to have a stent put in so the kidney can be drained, if anyone as had this done let me know about it please. My onc wasn't to bothered about a scan this side of Christmas but the renal consultant was, he wanted to know exactly what was going on so he got me a scan for chest, abdo and pelvis. This doctor was really brilliant, just a nice caring chap, I was impressed.

I reached the hospital by ambulance and went to A&E, first problem wanting blood, my daughter was with me and told these 2 doctors that I had a port, guess what, they wanted to put needles in my feet!!!! Even being in agony, I told these two there was no way it was port or nothing, next minute they sorted the port out and got blood, I had to argue with several student doctors over the port, so many not wanting to be bothered, just wanting to make it easier on themselves. The paramedics who got me there came back 2 hours later and found me , my daughter told them that I had only just been given morphine, they were horrified. Blimey, I have had some pain but bloody hell OUCH!! I was finally put on the renal unit and pain relief sorted. I had a major run in with a first year student doctor, yet again over blood, I told him he could help himself as long as it was done through my port, off he went 10 minutes later he was back saying he needed blood and wanted to see if I had a vein,BAD MOVE!!!! What part of 21 chemos in a year and a half and having my body torn apart because of cancer did he not understand!!!! (several words are missing with what I said) I ende up being treated very well, the staff were great, it was just the odd prat who made it worse for themselves with their attitude, the renal consultant found it funny that I had put these few individuals what for, it said it does them good to be brought down a peg or two. So my friends, it is back to playing that waiting game. Love and hugs to those who want them as always......Carol xxxxx

I am not dying of cancer, I am living with it

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Kezzerbird

You hang in there girl !

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

We're behind you Kesser, oh yes we are!!!!

Thinking about you my friend!!

Lots and lots of love Julie xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh dear oh dear oh dear - these poor junior doctors. Why don't they learn? The only one I let do what she wanted had long blond hair and big blue eyes who kept calling me "Sir". She stabbed me ten times in one session trying to get blood. Started getting a needle fetish!

It's unforgiveable to delay on painkillers. Bastards! But I bet they now know that. We know our bodies best. I had one when I offered my right arm he told me he wanted the left one because the chair was that side and I told him the left one doesn't work. I told him to go away and come back when he was sober which he didn't like one bit. Casting nasturtians on his professional integrity. Glad you are back home ready for a Malibu and coke or three.

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Carol

Sorry to hear about your recent hospital stay & incompetant Junior Docs, there is no need for that extra stress!!

I have a Crohn's friend in the States who only has one kidney & is dealing with a blockage in the remaining one.

She is looking at the stent option to resolve the problem after Christmas.

Keep on smiling & i hope you are not thinking of surfing in this weather!!

We have decided to cancel our Christmas/New Year on the canalboat with the predicted weather & not wanting to risk being iced in again!!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

oh carol, sorry to hear youve not been to good. and i understand that problem with the port, as whenever i was admitted noone would use my hickman line, they say its because theyre not trained to use them... i could flush my own line.. i think its excuses, but glad you brought them down a few pegs..

i do hope u feel better in yourself soon... huge hugs xxxx