Kezzerbird......my night out!!!!

2 minute read time.

The Cornish mead wine went down a treat and the food wasn't bad either and then unlike our Debs, I went off to Asda for some bits and then home to change and stick my face on and then off out to the club before opening time to see my mates and have a chin wag before they started work for the night. No one looked happy to be there, blimey I would kill to be back there working but then again I love my job. I did however have my doorman's badge on me just in case a punch up occurred, which it did and I grabbed a bloke trying to join in on the act and locked his arms and held him there until the others had been removed, he looked quite shocked but hey ho!!!!. I didn't drink very much (This comment directed straight at Drew!!!!) so unlike some, I did not have a hangover but oh my poor old feet were giving it wellie. I never ware high heels, I don't need to I wore a thin pair of socks with my trainers but because one of the side effects with Caelyx is sore feet, oh did I suffer, you have to keep your feet cool, so at 5 am I hobbled home and when I removed my foot ware, I watched the steam rise off my feet,  they did cool down after a day of waring flip flops ah lovely!!!!! So yesterday myself and happiness on a stick aka Kev sorted out the sloes we had picked and combined the sloes with sugar and gin, so I have 3 litres of sloe gin on the go, should be ready for xmas (HIC!!). I also made some bramble and apple jelly which is divine. Some times I worry that soon I will take up knitting or something like that, but I think that will be down to time and temperature...meaning..when hell freezes over but you never know!!!!! Well today I spoke to my wonderful GP, my sick note needs replacing, I wish it didn't so I could go back to work but I know that is not possible yet, she is signing me off for another 6 months (bugger) I have 4 more chemos to go and that will make the grand total 23 bouts of poison but I am not going to moan, I am still here!!! Love and hugs to those who want them...Carol xx

I am not dying of cancer, I am living with it 

Anonymous
  • an idea member for the WI me thinks you could do self defence with them ha ha and then go on a bus trip to Drews club now that would be funny.

keep on enjoying life

john

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Please, please please. Not the W.I. Now they are scary. Mt Dad always said that the W.I. was the reason we won the war. It was easier for the men to go to the front line instead of staying at home with the "Little woman." You wait and see when I write my memoirs if I haven't had a sheltered childhood. The first three chapters will be blank, Tim says he would like to write his memoirs. He wants to call the first chapter the Calpol years, followed by the Benylin years and finally the lager years. Unfortunately he can't remember any of it! Did you see the Essex babes in the new film that's been made about equal pay. See they are not all Jordan clones even if they do call their kids Chardonnay and that's just the lads!

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just seen a clip about them on "the one show" (now gonna have the Royle Family singing "one.......do do do do dooooooo one........" in my head all evening).

I went to Fords at Dagenham as part of my Economics, Govt & Politics O'level.  It was a smelly, noisy place where most of the 'blokes' were wolf whistling us schoolgirls! The canteen was pretty good tho ;)

I hear what you mean about the names though Drew, some of the kids in Lara's year......I couldn't even guess how them spell their names either, certainly not like you'd expect!!!!

Love & Strength

Debs xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I love reading your blogs Carol :) Glad you`re enjoying your nights out...my son made some sloe gin last xmas...mmmm lovely but it gives the hangover from hell lol ;)

Take care

love scarlet xxxx