Kezzerbird, canal.........The return part 1

1 minute read time.

We should have got up at 5.45 so that I could wake up slowly with several buckets of tea........BUT we slept in.

The car was all packed and we were ready to go.

Up the A30, the M5, M6, M54 then on to the A41 to Whitchurch to the boat yard and to the "MENTAL" narrowboat Elvind.

We stopped several times so Summit the looney 4 month old collie could releave herself. Suprisingly, she was extremely well behaved in the car, she had only travelled a couple of miles in the car befor and now she had travelled for over 5 hours. Her head was going non stop, looking at all the traffic on the motorways, it was almost like she needed to go and herd them all up!

Summits first impression of the boat wasn't too good, she peed on the floor and bolted to the car!

Bugger! It didn't look good, but one we set off she settled down. Oh sheep, oh ducks, oh birds,ohhhhh loads of things to see and smell and walks, oh loads of walkes, oh yes.

I did get a little concerned when another dog came up to Summit and tried to hump her! His owner laughed. I growled Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anonymous