Kezzerbird and the possible alien!

Less than one minute read time.

It seems dear Mac mates that my treatment of Cisplatin and Etoposide are never used together in hospitals, WHY? Ummmm is my Onc experimenting on little ole moi to see what happens!!!!! The worst side effect so far seems to be that my stomach is swelling very badly and at times it feels like it is going to burst, I am expecting a strange alien like thingy to appear at any moment shouting "Gimme more Vinadoo!!!!! This combo of chemo is defiantly doing something, hopefully I should find out within the next two weeks, if I don't explode before then!!!!!....love and hugs to those who want them as usual....Carol x 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol.  You conjure up some pictures!  My mum had carboplatin and etoposide so not cisplatin but I hope it works as well for you as it has her.  She is NED at the moment.  Love Caroline. XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol,

Surely it must have been used before in a clinical trial?  

Keep us informed and keep on smiling.

Love

Lorraine

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

mornin Carol! looks like u might be goin on a free balloon ride , if u can take off ! Wish you all the best for ur treatment ! , I have had many a chuckle at ur experiences ! lol xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hey carol, glad it feels like something is working.... i might be alone in thinking this .. but experimenting is good... thats how they find new cures, i have told my onc that he can try anything he likes....even the thalidomide drug (my sister is thalidomide) it is reputed to shrink tumours, so i hope it does the trick for you, and we can celebrate experimentating... (have visions of dr frankenstien,... its alive ... alive.... lol).. good luck

liz xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You're obviously so special, you need special chemo treatment. Wishing you all the best, as always Val XXX