"The Princess and the Pea"

Less than one minute read time.

I am currently going through a "Princess and the Pea" moment. I have absolutely no right to complain and I know how many of you are really suffering I only need to tell my many friends on this site why I am not responding to your postings. This "Princess" has sciatica, which for the uninitiated is a pain radiating from the bum to the knee. This is also a "bummer" because it means this particular princess can only lie on a very soft mattress or sit on a well-upholstered chair. (Sorry, wooden chairs or typist chairs are absolutely "NOT GOOD ENOUGH") This particular princess (Wow - am I precious - or what?) is also suffering from arthritis in my fingers and I really find typing a physical PAIN. 

So, apologies to my friends... sorry I missed Christmas greetings... but a good New Year to you all.

KateG

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Poor you - that must be so painful. Do you take glucosamine for your arthritis?  I have it in my knees and find that glucosamine is really helpful.  Anyway, I do hope that you'll soon be feeling much better and ready to take on the world in 2010.  

Love and hugs xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

LOL Kate G - I'm Canadian. I didn't realize that the word "gotten" is not used over there. How would a Brit say it? (smile)

I had a disc removed 20 years ago but that was because it had herniated and I was losing power in the leg.

Getting down on the floor? Sure, why not? I've actually found that verrrrrry gentle yoga has helped me a lot. And when I get lazy (which I have become) and stop doing the gentle yoga, everything becomes worse.

(and that makes getting back up off the floor very difficult - lol).

Let me know when you get your bed-table and we can lie in bed and chat!

Love, Mo

• Thank you Kate - yes, I do take Glucosamine and Chrodontin plus cod-liver oil so I can only imagine I'd be even more of a wreck without them!

Thank you Maureen - I am quite active and walk around three miles a day with my dogs but as I have aged the floor seems to have got further away! I can get down but I need to be near some furniture to haul myself back up again.

As to the use of the word 'gotten', we would say 'I got myself a bed-table'.

Best wishes to you all,

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Kate - Make sure you get the table that tilts. Happy new year!

Mo xoxo