Three Years Forward

Less than one minute read time.

At about this time three years ago I was nervously trying to settle into my ' new home ' for the next two and a half weeks - a ward in Wythenshawe Hospital. My operation was planned for the following morning when the carcinoma was to be surgically removed from the floor of my mouth. It was a very strange feeling to be away from home, and whilst trying to be brave, a medic came with the usual forms and then proceeded to draw dots with what appeared to be a felt-tip pen across the front of my neck - from ear-to-ear - and then down the inside of my forearm. I was quite bemused by this and thought it resembled a child's game of Join the Dots or a more sinister instruction to Cut Here - the latter being correct ! But I live to tell the tale and although this an anniversary I would rather not have had to happen, it was necessary for my survival and my thanks go to the surgeon, Mr. Patel and his team. So now it's time to not only reflect on the past, but also to move forward with all the determination I can.

Joycee

Anonymous