Bread !

Less than one minute read time.

This week I reached another long-awaited goal - for the first time in almost three years I had a taste of bread ! It was a rather messy operation because it was necessary to ' dunk ' the piece of bread into my tomato soup to make it softer - where's a bib when you need one ? But, with a lot of effort I did manage to eat the biggest part of a wholemeal roll........wonderful !

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

That's brilliant Joyce! I'm finding eating ok at the mo with my obturator, but I'm eating like mad before rt as I see a lot of problems seem to arise with the mouth following it:(

Well done on the bread roll just goes to show you have to keep trying

Take care of you

Jayne x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Joycee,

Well done that lady it must have taken a lot of patience

to get you this far so very well done,and keep it up.

I havent tasted or been able to smell for 13 yrs now. But

I got used to it .  You look after yourself.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Nice one chic, good on you, slowly but surely onward and upward...love Carol xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you Jayne and Sarsfield. You were so very right when you mentioned patience, Sarsfield - It's something I don't normally have much of ! It's just after so long I was getting frustrated at not being able to eat much, so I persisted with it even though it was messy. I am sorry you have lost taste and sense of smell, that must be hard even though you are used to it. Jayne, keep up with the food to help your recovery - you need all the nutrition you can get. Take care of yourselves. Love, Joycee xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you Carol. I shall certainly persist with it even if it takes a long time ! Love, Joycee xx