Liz G becomes a Grandmother

1 minute read time.
May I be the first to congratulate my sister Liz G on the birth of her first grandchild. Corey, Braden, David Lagan made his entrance to the world tonight at 7.03pm, he weighed in a 7lb 6ozs and has a lovely head of blonde hair. i know the birth of any grandchild is special, but for Liz it was a little bit more than that. For those of you who have been reading her blogs and who have become mine and Liz's friends you will know that in March 2008 her prognosis was poor 3 - 4 months. Among other things on her "bucket list" was the wish to have a grandchild, something she thought was beyond reach as she never thought she would even see her daughter married let along make her a granny. Kim married and made Lizs life so much more meaningful when a few months later told her she was expecting a baby, her happiness was tinged with sadness when there was a realisation that she may never see her longed fo grandchild, as time was not on her side. Today she was like a dizzy blonde, laughing and giggling as we wee out shopping and checking her phone every ten seconds to see if her son - in law has sent a text to update her on the goings on in the labour ward. The the call came tonight when we were watching a DVD (never got to see the end what a waste of £3!!!!), She ran out ofthe house and left me and my sister sitting in he house, with no transpot home as she had picked us up, lol To see her so happy 18 months after her diagnosis is something I will never forget, she has had so much heatache over the last year, and she so deserves to see this little one grow up. I hope you ll will raise a glass to Liz and congratulate her on the birth of little Corey, he doesn't know yet just how special she is, love you sis and CONGRATULATIONS Jo Mac
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Liz

Congratulations on the birth of your long awaited Grandson Corey

You are going to be the Best Gran ever

Enjoy every minute of every day - you so deserve this happiness

Love Chris xxx