oh good god!!!!

1 minute read time.

well here i am 2nd chemo looming in next wednesday havent been as bad as i thought bit spaced out and bloody sick but eating like a little bull terrier so i now look like a fat egg with legs its the tablets the carbucipine thats doing it so im so not happy bout that dr slater will be told!!! woman what are you doing to my once ok figure to be faced with 2 chins and a michelin tyre oh no no no !!!!

the fact that i couldnt get off the bed for three days might have contributed to the spare tyre and eating for england didnt help one jot !!!

next scenario my hair falling out !! well hasnt yet but im quite sure thats not a kick in the ass (my fat one ) away cos when i brushed it this morning thought id picked up the dogs brush by mistake and had to take a second look!!! 

was so pleased to see paulines blog about eyebrows tonight cos i was just going to ask about that and the eylashes didnt want to go about like an egg with legs to be sure girls so eybrows it is eyelashes next and im sorted thank goodness the rest of the body is such a no pointer anyways saves a fortune on razors lol!!!!

Went yesterday with my daughter to get my wig and as im blonde wondered if the guy in the shop was serious when he showed me one which i duly tried and looked like dot cotton and the next one i was a sure double for hayley cropper at roys rolls needless to say i thanked him and dissolved in tears of laughter with my girl outside we laughed so much i was so grateful if the tenna advert had come along right then we would have been their best customers anyway slogged onto the next shop an wehay!!! got my wig a nice short bob .......blonde of course so now bring it on bald an beautiful..... so girls lets know all the tips cos im eagerly waiting with bated breath for anymore help and the next chapter will ensue take care everyone starting chemo and  those already  going through it good luck big hugs and keep smiling !!!!! jenxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks everyone yes i have got the first one over the only pain really was my arm for 3 days after but there are worse things i suppose so im battling onwards girls and boys have got a really funny story about false eylashes but i will save it for another blog loads of love jen xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You can get some good stuff now for eyebrows.I used some Ruby ans Mille stuff that had some gel you put n first and then over that some eye brow powder, different shades with small brushes. Not sure if you can still get this. Benefit do something as well.Once you loose your hiar and your wearing your wig, you will cope hun. I had two wigs an everyday one and a party one with Higlights, they were both bobs and were lovely. You only have to wash them every few weeks.A lady stopped me in gap one day when I decided to go out in my party wig. She asked where I had my hair coloured. When I told her it was a wig she was embarrased, but she had no idea it was a wig. Take care, keep smiling. Jazz xxxx    

• Love your sense of humour! So what's wrong with looking like Dot Cotton or Hayley Cropper? LOL.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment.

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your message on my blog about starting chemo. It is great to read to read that you seem in good spirits facing your next cycle.

I have found my arm very tender after the oxaliplatin too. They took three attempts to get the cannula in so I may consider a PICC line. Hopefully the localised pain will be short-lived anyway. I'm getting pins and needles too but I think even that may be better than yesterday. I know what you mean about eating - Cashew nuts and grapes are going down a treat just now. Still on the steroids today, but will go for the other anti-sickness medication tomorrow I think. Early days for me yet.

Hope you can keep laughing and smiling in the face of adversity.

Love, Eleanor xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jennifer,

It soon comes round again doesn't it? Hope all goes well on Wednesday.

Kath xx