Anyone going through same thinGG

Less than one minute read time.

7 weeks post treatment for head nech and throat and one on my pain problibms are impaction consitpation 4 mimi enimieas later still therre cant feel better with this pulling me downs ANYONE HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS /?

HOW DID YOU GET THROUGH IT ANDHOW LONG DID IT LAST \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Can't guarantee it will work for you, but the chemo ward staff here gave me something called Laxido, which is a drink.  The dose is different depending on the circumstances, but it does say it can be used for faecal impaction.  Worth asking your GP?

Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Jan. I had the same problem when I was in hospital and I found that Movicol sachets did the trick - they are mixed with water and easy to drink. It may take a couple of days for them to work, but they will, as enemas didn't work for me, either ! But as Ann said, ask your doctor / nurse as you should get something on prescription. Love, Joycee xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan,

There is also something called ex-prep but be warned they give you that normally to clear the bowels ready for exploration/surgery so as you can imagine it does work so if they give that to you, try to keep in mind that you will not want to stray too far from a toilet for about 24 hours ;)

Helen xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Jan, just seen your blog - I am permanently constipated with all the jollop I take but I do sometimes buy lactulose from chemist and take it every day - unfortunately the result is a very windy way down here but it does finally work.  Drink water like its going out of fashion, eat prunes on your breccy, top up on fruit and greenstuff and hopefully, things will unclog, although not as often as before.  Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I found prunes a great help too, and lots of wAter. It's not fun but it's getting better and you will too jan.

Jayne x