Joy and sadness

1 minute read time.
John and I got married at the Sue Ryder Hospice at Thorpe hall in Peterborough on Monday August 3rd. It was a beautiful, if somewhat hectic day as it was all arranged very quickly. Sadly, my beloved husband died the following day - John had pleurisy and was unable to continue fighting the cancer. John fought very bravely right until the end and Liam and I and John's family were with him when he died. The funeral was on Friday August 14th - Liam and I are absolutely devastated. . As a family, we are going to do as much as we can to raise funds and highlight awareness of this terrible disease. John's primary cancer was nasal, which is very rare, and the tumour was very aggressive, spreading quickly to his brain. More research needs to be done for both these types of cancer and I have given permission for tissue samples taken to be used for future medical research. This is what John would have wanted and we want to do everything possible to help others in John's situation. Will continue to use this site as, no doubt, there will be dark days ahead. Love to you all xxxxxxxxxx
Anonymous