Habubrat's blog

• Christmas and the Kids!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had a great time with my friend Paula on my annual trip to Kentucky a couple of weeks ago.  I had blogged that I hadn't been last year due to Dave's illness.  When I go, of course, I see lots of her special friends each year.  One of them, Nancy, gave me a small gift and in the card it said, "It feels like Christmas now that you are here!"  I was so moved by that!  It was true for me too.  

We have been…

• Whirlwind - Off to Lexington, KY

FormerMember
    FormerMember

You know, I feel like my life is such a whirlwind at the moment!  Part of it is just coming off of 15 months and dealing with all things Cancer related with Dave.  The move, heading back and forth 2,200 miles to Little Rock for treatment and now we are trying to settle into our new lives in California, but its coming off of such a hectic, frightening, often difficult 15 months of treatment.  We don't whine anymore about…

• Thanksgiving - Huntington Beach, California

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well we made the long drive (7 hours) down to Huntington Beach with a rolled up rug hanging out of the car, our trusty lab Kip, items for our celebration and wonderful expectations to see old friends, their children and our beautiful daughter Montana who was flying in from the East Coast to LA.  One of her girlfriends from college who lives out here offered to pick her up (THANK GOD, she was getting in at midnight!).

• Check up Visit in Little Rock!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This is a picture of Dave a few years ago.  He is looking forward to getting his hair back after a year of sabotaging it in lieu of improving his odds to live!  Small price to pay, but I do understand, as one who hasn't gone through it can, that he is really looking forward to not wearing a baseball cap to cover his bald head!

We had a TERRIFIC check up visit in Little Rock, Arkansas this week.  Dave remains in an…

• Myeloma Update out of Little Rock, Arkansas

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So as not to rewrite it all, I will direct you to Dave's Caring Bridge site to get the update.  www.caringbridge.org/visit/davidpuente

But suffice to say, we received a publication yesterday from Little Rock that states their new projections for median survival of Low Risk Multiple Myeloma patients has moved from 3 years to 15 years!!!!  What great news and Dave falls into this Low Risk group.  

As the new studies…