5th line

Less than one minute read time.

Well, I've been home since Friday, when the hospital let me out after 24 hours of intraveneous antibiotics, as they had noticed my blood counts going up.  I'm sorry to say i am coughing more than ever and wonder just how bad I would have been if they had let me out Thursday without noticing, having had chest infections before.  My nurse contacted me today to say I've got to travel for the chemo again as they can't give both drugs locally, and the op they were supposed to discuss yesterday never happened, so has been postponed until next week.  Not such a good day...  The on;y good thing is the contact from the hospice, which can't do enough and are visiting tomorrow.

This is the 5th line of drugs for my Ov - has anyone else been this far down the line?  Where do I go from here?

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thought St Richards had a new state of the art cancer treatment centre opened about six months ago ..............

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Viv

In answer to your question, there's one woman in our town who's recently finished her 6th line (2nd go with Topotecan I think) and is back working part-time.

Mum and I also met a lady who was having her 10th line when we went for her last chemo session.

Take care and all the best with the next lot of chemo

Sal x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Viv,

I am glad that more treatment has been arranged for you, although I am sorry you have got all that travelling again. For your 4th line chemo, I think you had Topotecan, so what have they decided on this time? I am seeing my consultant on Monday and I am pretty sure that 5th line treatment is not far away!

Take care and very best wishes,

Love and hugs,

lizzie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

topetecan didn't work. so this time round it is treosulfan and gemicitabine.  Chichester unit doesn't have the trained staff, or the licences to do much chemo at the moment.  Waste of all the fund raising ....

Good Luck lizzie withyour appointment on Monday XXX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good to see you back on and hope things go well for you with your next lot of chemo.

I had a scan today and results July 7th. I'm not very hope full and anticipate my 3rd line Caelyx next time.

You are an inspiration to me and wish you all the best

Love

Lynne x