Do They Know its Christmas

4 minute read time.

Hi Guys - First - yes I have had a drink - but by my standard still consider myself sober - Not abused or made suggestive comments to too many friends yet, well not yet - but hell the night is young  !

Right seasons greeting - love and special hugs  - love all my special Mates - The Mac mates who know and understand the inner pains. The ones who have loved and lost - the ones that love but been told you have no future - forget it - the ones who hurt because the one they love is dying - some of us faster, some of us slower !. Bit tough at times,  seems the longer we have - the quicker it goes - must be some mystical cosmic common factor ?

Got a difficult question - do only loving caring people get cancer ? or does it bring the best out in us. I am actually quite happy now to have Cancer in my life - weirdo maybe ? I have so many beautiful friends in my life now  I would  never have met except for this invasive parasite.. I am at peace with my future xx

No Names - but maybe you know Who I am thinking of ? -
The Loving caring girl who hurts every Xmas as she is reminded of how her Dad struggled for life.?
The one ready to offer love, Hugs and even financial aid if it helps her friends?
The Loving Mother, Wife and Partner - deserted in her prime - who loves her children - but dreads every 'First' anniversary.
The wife who hurts -- she knows this is her last Christmas with her life partner - her life, her love and her strength. He would die for her - and she knows he will !!
The Mother of a beautiful gifted daughter who has won through in competitions and of who she is so proud of, she need to see her in the years to come !
The daughter who cared and loved her Mother so much - she ignored the professionals and proved them wrong - She brought her Mum Home, loved and coped - but hurts so much,  result ? her first Christmas alone.
The Daughter who cared and loved her Dad - R.I.P. Dad - but she loved cared and could never of done or cared more - her Family supported her and she will need them and their support  in her life for ages to come.
The young lady who has her boobs removed to save her life - followed by all the crap treatment s while medical science fries her and then sees if the poisons work ?
The adoptive daughter who saw her dad Struggle for life - now given her life for her adoptive  mother, abandoned her family, her  job and her income to repay a debt, an emotional debt she feels. Her sister stands on the side lines keeping aloof - but ready to pounce on any spoils !

Cancer is not something that kills or scars  someone - its the creeping killer that hurts all the carers so much more.than just the Patient - Christmas can be so Crappy !!  Every year the same films on TV and the radio -  the Music Programs - yes same songs - each one a memory that hurts so much - each one a memory of better times - maybe a couple of examples - "Silent Night'.' White Christmas', 'The Santa Clause' - Noddy bloody Holder, then do they know its Christmas? Die hard again - God TV can be crap ! anyone still have a dry eye or am I loosing my touch ?

What we also have is our very, very special mates that make us realize - life can be so Good - the Mates we met and hope we helped when they were in that dark space that is scary - but  we all know - just been told the dreaded words - You have Cancer - but they struggle on - they have the tests and waited so long on the verdict - you are Good - your cancer has gone - we made a mistake - it was not cancer - or maybe best of all - the treatment worked - the suffering, treatment and  pain was worth it - you are now in remission - Just how good is that as a Christmas Gift - not just for the  patient, but also the carers - but also to their Mac mates that walked the journey with them - hurt with them and rejoiced with them - we can't all be lucky - but we can all feel good for our Mac Mates that beat Cancer ! - In a way it makes us all we can be winners !

The last Group ? maybe the toughest - the ladies that feel they need cosmetic surgery - thad the boobs removed - the reconstruction -maybe what you do not all accept is your beauty is within - it glows through and it why you are you and special - OK if the physical attributes makes you feel whole again go for them - but please mates - understand - we love the inner beauty - its who you are and you are special  to us  - Beauty fades while love grows  xx

OK maybe the wine is Kicking in - will go before I disgrace Myself - yet again ! - the Very Special Mates know who I mean I - My deepest love and my Biggest Hugs for a Fantastic Christmas - may all your Dreams come true may all your Wishes be granted and may you live forever.

So proud to have so many great mates in my life

J xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hey john , once again im lost for words and yes a bit tearful, we all know who you mean, and after yet another night of crying myself to sleep , and only about 2 hours sleep . i had been feeling as you know very very alone , and that's twice in 2 days done this to me , your words and thoughts warm my heart and i don't feel quite so alone ,

Christmas is going to be so painful for many of us but we are all here for each other,

you are a very special person and i consider myself truly lucky to call you a friend ,huge hugs Jenni xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi John.  I can only echo what Jen has said.  You are such a caring person.  Yes Christmas will be tough for me this year and yes I'm am struggling to cope but I know it would be so much harder without you and my other mac friends.  I wish you a very happy Christmas.  God Bless.  Caroline XX  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

A Very Happy Christmas to a Very Very Special Friend. Also I Wish You a Wonderful and Healthy 2011.

Lots of Love Julie xxxxxxx

• Perhaps cancer does bring out positive attributes in those who are touched by the disease. Certainly this forum is a means by which 'nice caring' people can both give and take support. Perhaps all the mean grumpy people avoid  forums such as Mac! lol.

My love to all my Mac friends,

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

John, you are such a beautiful person, your words made my heart skip a beat. Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful !!!

I hope you, my lovely friend have an amazing Christmas. xx