Britain's Got Cancer - Apologies to Simon

3 minute read time.

Hi Guys,

Well back in one of my reflective moods today, never a good sign when I start thinking, problem is so little ammunition to use it gets scarry !!

OK not sleeping too  well at the moment, few problems on my mind, nothing serious and nothing compared to the problems some of the Mac Family have to contend with. Also struggling, the last couple of week, with night sweats, bet that that paints a pleasant picture huh ?

Wakening about 4 am, drinking a litre of water and cooling down. Finally get back to sleep, so 30 mins later up to go to the loo to get rid of the water, bit like perpetual motion maybe !!

Anyway back to the theme ? 4 am this morning, had my water, kicked the dog off the bed - who needs a fur covered hot water bottle this time of the year anyway  !! After 10 mins of quiet wining, moaning and yelping I gave in to the wife and lifted the dog back on to the foot of the bed, know when I am out voted.

So got to thinking, Britains Got Talent final last night and although I did not pick the winner the he was a worthy winner with a fantastic voice - got 100,000 votes so a very popular choice.

Got a question for you all though, how many of you knew or remember the name of the song he sang or more important listened to the words, don't mean heard the song, but listened to the words.

I don't have a strong religious faith, for various reasons that are not important enough for me to go into in any depth, suppose we all have our own beliefs, just think so much blood has been shed fighting about my God is Better than your God.

Sorry strayed off subject again, and this time of night cannot even blame wine, not opened the bottle yet

Right I listened to the words, despite the  lack of religious beliefe I was really moved, feel this song could almost be the Mac Anthem, for those with religious views, and have lost a Partner, Relative or Friend to Cancer.

One last point maybe - lets stop being coy and calling it the 'Big C' its called Cancer and the days of feeling shame for having it are long gone. I have Cancer and I will fight it but never denie it, if non-sufferers shy away its their problem not mine !!

By sufferers I include all Patients, Ex-Patients, Carers, Ex- Carers Friends, Relatives and supporters.

So here goes - read absorb and enjoy.

To Where You Are lyrics
Songwriters: Thompson, Linda; Marx, Richard;

Who can say for certain?
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memories so clear

Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
Can it be

That you are my forever love
And you are watching over me from up above?

Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile

If only for awhile
To know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream?
And isn't faith believing?
All power can't be seen

As my heart holds you
Just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me
Everyday

'Cause you are my forever love
Watching me from up above
And I believe that angels breathe
And that love will live on and never leave

I know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

Love and Hugs to All

J xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Its a beautiful song John, I was moved to tears saturday listening to it, I also have Rhydians cd which includes this song .  Sue  xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

This has been my favourite song since my husband passed 5 years ago.

I too have the copy of Rhydian singing it.

Never a true word has been written it gives me great comfort to hope and believe the words to be true.

Love Julie XX