Notice: improvements release postponed

Less than one minute read time.

This morning, Wednesday 5th May, we had planned to move forward with our first batch of improvements to the Community.

As many of you may have noticed, the site was down for longer than we had expected. Unfortunately, we ran into some problems when we released the changes into the site.

We did not want to introduce any issues into the Community, and therefore we made the decision to roll back the improvements.

We are really sorry for any inconvenience the downtime may have caused, and we’d like to thank you for your continued patience.

We’re working really hard to get this fixed, so we can release these improvements as soon as possible.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by commenting below or by emailing us on community@macmillan.org.uk.

Best wishes,

The Community Team

Ellen, Rachel, Tom, Steph, Eliza and Meg

Anonymous
  • No it's not you I'm new here too and finding it difficult

• Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are finding the site difficult to use. We've taken all of your feedback on board. It's really important for us to know how we can improve.

We recently released a first batch of improvements onto the Community, and we've got more improvements planned. We want to make the Community as helpful and as accessible as possible. Keep an eye on our Community News Blog for further updates. 

- you've mentioned you've had some issues with the logging in function. I'm sorry to hear you're not finding it simple and easy to use. Feedback like this is really valuable to us - I hope you don't mind that I've also passed this on to our website team, as our log in function is shared with the main site, too. 

- I'm sorry to hear you're finding the site difficult. Is there anything in particular I can help you with? 

Best wishes,

Ellen
    Macmillan Community Team 

• Hi Ellen, I can get logged in and  get to the oesophageal cancer community. I just find it has too many steps to get there. I click on the Macmillan icon on my tablet, then click menu,login, enter username and password and click login, then have to click my community and finally get there. I'm sure the old site was a lot easier to get to my community. Finding how to send a new private message to someone is not as easy as it used to be especially if you haven't done so in a while. Regards Frank

• Chucky, I am wishing ypu and ypur family lots of fun times.  xx

• Chucky, I am wishing you and your family lots of fun times.  xx