Cancer, Me and Them

• Home, cake, cars and cancer stuff

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all.

I am currently surrounded by noise.  Twin related play noise.  So it is good but I wish they would quieten a little, I'm trying to listen about the slow loris' on the telly.

I have a spare five minutes so I thought I would do a quick blog, about life back home.  Life not in the hospital.

Hospital's have a timetable which you have to fit into.  Breakfast at around 7am followed by first pill run, Lunch around…

• Hospital time v Home time

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello all!

I have no excuses.  I have been lax and should have attempted a blog before now.  Lets face it, there has been ample opportunity with the amount of time I have spent in hospital or hospice.  Maybe I should have been blogging instead of watching back episodes of Supervet.

Thing is.  I just didn't feel like it.  I couldn't seem to raise the energy to get the laptop out or the energy to get my brain moving.…

• Warning: Bleak read...sorry.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi to you all,

It's a rainy Monday morning, the boys are playing in their new matching batman onesies I bought them, we have politics on the television and me and Mr H are sitting on the sofa together listening to the politicians whilst occasionally referring the boys play.

Over the past month I seem to have been in and out of hospital like a yo-yo.  The infection I kept getting in my kidneys finally made it's presence…

• A hot tin roof...?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello dear readers,

I guess it's time I updated you.  We've been busy but not in a good way.  I stayed in the hospice for 6 weeks in the end.  Warning:  It's a long one......

Whilst I was there I was eating my breakfast one morning when I suddenly felt very wet.  I am incontinent so I thought I'd just check all was ok.  I was very much not ok, the wetness was blood and lots of it.  I just panicked.  It was pouring…

• Crosswords and Disappointment

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Happy Easter to all of you :)

It's early evening and I'm still sitting in the hospice so I thought to stave off boredom (there is nothing on TV, I'm stuck watching a marathon of Who do you think you are? currently) I'd bring you bang up to date with me and tell you about my latest London trip.

I received agreement from London that they were happy for me to travel down and be seen and hopefully if it was…