Diagnosed 3rd June 2011 breast cancer

1 minute read time.

Hi, I have been diagnosed with breast cancer on 31st May 2011. I had all the test and they are clear.

I have stage 3 tumor in my left brest which has spread to lymph nodes (2/3) and pre cancerous cyst in my right breast.

I am starting chemo next week. I am so scared. I have no family history and knew no one with breast cancer. I am very healthy and still in shock.

Everything is going over my head. I have been told I will have to go through chemo ( resulting in menopause) double mastectomy and radiotherapy.

I just want to believe that if I go through all the pain and procedure, cancer will not come back. I havent read anything positive and the survival rate is listed as 60% maybe 5 years.

I dont know if I want to go for implant as I have only realized that they wont cut everything off. I wanted to wait 6 months before going for implant or reconstruction.

What am I going to do, I still burst in tears thinking I have breast cancer.

Doctors are pushing me to go through AVASTIN / ARTEMIS trial however all the articles I have read mentioned lots of side effect, nothing is positive.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hiya, yes I am going through hell again, my second chemo is tomo and I am shaking. I had the first time on my first chemo. I experience every side effect listed in the books and off books. I went to ER thrice and was admitted once for 2 days.

Oncologist has refused to reduced the strength of chemo and WILL see what happens with second chemo. I would love to survive this but the only way I can stay fit is by staying home 24/7 and I am so f.... fed up.

I have a prescription finally for tramadol and some other stuff, I am hoping this time taxatere wouldnt be so harsh.

I have 4 more to go after the one I am having tomorrow (see I can be positive)

I have asked to be referred to a psychiatrist as I need to survive this. I shouldnt be sick, this lump wasnt suppose to happen.  my life was messed up as it is. I am tired and fed up of putting my life on hold.

take care

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Blue

Sorry your chemo is so horrendous, i have yet to experience this part of the treatment!  I know everyone is different and responses and reactions to treatments vary greatly. It really doesnt sound like it at the moment but this s...t you are going through is a bludy necessary evil to help rid you of the cancer monster.

You need to survive it, and you will survive it, and whatever it takes to help you do that then you have to get through.  No the crapy lump wasnt supposed to happen but it has and nothing can change that now. Remember that you have to fight it physically but more importantly emotionally.  Never underestimate the power of your mind, i never thought i would cope but i have so far and that is because my mindset is so strong i will not give in, this pathetic  tumor/lump/mass whatever we want to call it will not ruin my life, I will not put my life on hold because if I do it has beat me and this Jules is not for giving in!

You cant give in either yes its bludy tough, its bludy unfair, its bludy vile, its bludy crap, its bludy evil. FIGHT IT gal

Sending you heaps of strength and healing thoughts, you can do this.

Love

jules xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Blue,

If its any consolation, I was about to leave my job and go sailing around the world when I was told my shattering news!  I had my first chemo and ended up in hospital for a week on IV antibiotics as my immune system dropped below 1 & my temp was 40.  After my second chemo they decided to start me on Granocyte injections to boost my immune system.  I still got an infection and ended up back in hospital on IV antibiotics.  My immune system shouldn't have dropped so low.  Both infections I got from myself!  I have just had my 3rd chemo and praying I will get through this weekend with out ending up back in hospital.  I have had FEC & am starting TAX next time and I am dreading it.  But I am not laying down and dying either!  I am going to do my sailing and see some of the world, I am not yet ready to kick the bucket. So you hang in there and find something to focus on to give you that light at the end of the tunnel. I wish you all the best and hope your treatment goes well x