PHEW!

Less than one minute read time.

Hi all,

It has been a bit of a nervous wait for my consultant appointment. Although I try to stay positive i wasn't too sure if the recent lot of chemo had made a real difference. However, I am glad to say that the cancer has been greatly reduced, it does not affect any organs and the CA125 is 19. PHEW!  I am feeling well and do not need any more treatment at present but I will have a checkup and blood test every two months. My consultant had already told me that they are looking to control the disease rather than cure and judging by these results, they are. The longer they can control it, the more chance there is of new, even better treatments coming along and I will hold on to that thought as I continue to enjoy life with my wonderful family.

My very best wishes to all of you, stay strong and keep smiling.

Love and hugs,

lizzie xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lizzie, that brilliant news! Ca 125 of 19 is good. I have been living with ovarian cancer for 10 yrs so it can be done. They just keep an eye on you and give you chemo as and when needed. You just need to keep going for as long as possible.

The very best of luck that you get a long break between treatments. Just do what you want when and if you want thats what l have been doing.

Love Rosie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Congratulations - news we all like.  make the most of it and do things you enjoy ... long may it last.

Viv

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you Lynne, Jules, Kate, Sue,Sarsfield, Rosie and Viv. Your lovely comments are, as always, very much appreciated. I wish you all the best of everything.

Love lizzie xx