Re:Back to work today

2 minute read time.

After having had 34 fractions of radio therapy and nearly dieing from lack of food and water intake i am glad to say i am fit enough to resume work where i left off back into a routine of checking and rechecking cctv and vehicle pass details.

gettibng back to the sustenance thing came out of hospital after having the last 11 fracvtions while being cared for by Waddington Unit Lincoln hospital, very very good nurses very understanding and caring for me whilst oi was there my thanks to them, i nwas discharged and 8 days later was back in the emergency admissions unit in same hospital after various attempts to give me food through a nasal gastric tube which i sicked up on the times they put it in, so before i was allowed back onto the waddington unit i was taken to x ray dept to have a PEG tube fitted, which i tell you is a godsend and shouild have been fitted before my treatment, hind sight is a good thing being given all the potions and lotions to put on the outside and to gargle with.

I lost over the period of the treatment and there after  lost over 77lb in weight thats the equivalent to 1.5 bags of spuds. weight was literally dropping off i asked during the treatment for a tube to be fitted i think they thought i was kidding, i have lost all confidence in a certain oncologist at lincoln i wont name him as i am undecided whether or not to take the matter further, am going to see my union solicitor sometime next month when they can find the time to come and see me.

I started work today with the tube still in my stomach the fresubin supplements are great different flavour every 3 hours and a big bag of fed at night tides me over, i have suffered a bit over the past months and my advice to those with a similar cancer is to get the PEG tube fitted before the treatment starts insist on it its your body they are violating, its uncomfortable to start with but after a few days you get used to it being there, i used to long fopr food sausages bacon and egg butties but now i dont seem to be bothered. Am not 100% and dont suppose i will ever be that for a while to come.

Would love to hear from others who may have suffered the same problem

I would also like to thank Dr Lucy Collins of Alex ward in Lincoln Hospital for not relenting with her pressure to get the tube fitted, and the nurses on the same ward thanks for saving my life

Biggles13 (aka Not so big Al)

Anonymous