9th Feb 2010 Bertiebassett

1 minute read time.

Yesterday Bert slept all day , in fact he has been sleeping most of the time since Saturday. but he awoke a little aggressive again,so had to be sedated again. Today he woke with a temp and his catheter was blocked so he was in agony. after yet more morphine as he threatened to start throwing things about I have noticed that that aggression gets much worse when he is in pain,  They took the catheter out for a while and he managed to go without the pain. But he is asleep again. We are still hoping to get home on Thursday the prescription is all arranged  the ambulance is booked just need to wait and see how thing go.

They don't seem too concerned that he is now refusing all his medication and are really just keeping him comfortable not there really is nothing left for them to do so it is just a matter of time.

The part I find most difficult  to comply with is after 17 months of drumming into me that he needs paracetamol for his temp, it is now ok for him to refuse it.

I think he is trying hard to hold on until he sees his grandson born in 6 weeks, but judging by the way he has been over the past week I really don't think that will happen. But who knows.

Love Teri

Anonymous