1st Feb 2010 Bertiebassett

1 minute read time.

Someone thought it would be a good idea to stop Bert's tablets for agitation and aggression,bearing in mind it has taken the Mac nurse almost 2 months to get the dose right for him at and the fact that there is now CNS involvement. I did tell them that this was not a good idea but they new better than me. They were warned last night that he was getting very aggressive but did they listen to me !! No they didn't.

At 4.30 am he kicked off big style so much so that they had to call security to try and calm him down. What he called me, the Dr's and the nurses He tied up ts unprintable but I am sure you can all imagine. He tied up the curtains because he thought there were men coming in the windows to get hit was all very distressing to watch and it went on for 4 hours until he eventually fell and only then would he allow someone to help him. After all that and it went on to some degree all day long they have now decided they were wrong and restarted his medication on a syringe driver some calm has returned. He still has a lot of paranoia and confusion but hopefully we will get  sleep tonight.

Love Teri

Anonymous
  • Oh Teri that is awful. What were those quacks thinking? If you've got the strength I hope you take the matter to a higher authority so they don't make some other poor soul suffer. I feel so angry on your behalf.

Wishing you both peace.

KateG

• Like everyone I find it sad you have had to experience this and hope that things settle for Bert so that you can have time to rest, you must be exhausted.

Take care & best wishes to you both

john

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Teri

So sorry to read of the dreadful time you are having. Keith became so agitated and had terrible hallucinations and it became so bad that sedation was the only answer. Although I hated the thought of him being sedated I knew in my heart of hearts that he couldn't continue on such a high level of agitation before he hurt himself or others. He pulled his lines out even the arteriel one which was almost catastrophic and very upsetting to see. In the end I was almost glad that he was no longer tortured in this way.

You have the added pressure of being unhappy with the care he is getting that was never a case with me as K's care was exceptional and I know everyone dealing with him was upset and desperate to help him.

I am sure you must be completely exhausted but if you can try to get a little rest.

Love Tarnie xx