Good news!

1 minute read time.

Today I received the results of my post-treatment PET scan. It seems like good news! No test is perfect and as my consultant said, I am not out of the woods yet - I will be followed up for five years to watch out for possible relapses - but the scan did not detect any obvious signs of cancer. In the wording of the scan report's conclusion, "the appearances are compatible with a complete response to therapy".

Uff! To put it mildly, I am somewhat relieved.... 5 months since diagnosis, and the effects of treatment will remain intense for another 3 months and probably won't wear off to their minimum for a couple of years. But at this stage it looks like the treatment has worked.

Those out there in a similar situation please take heart: it is often hell going through the treatment, but it can work. Hang on in there!

A deep and heartfelt thanks to all those out there who have engaged with me on this blog (you know who you are :-) ) and to friends and family dotted all over the place who have sent me supportive messages and talked to me through all of this (you know who you are too :-) )

Most of all thanks to my children who have been amazingly calm and supportive, and a source of fun and strength, through this process and of course to my wife, who can basically take the credit (or blame :-) ) for my still being around (simple as that).

Right I am off to the cinema with the family to celebrate!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Whoo hoo! Bloody good news Cymru! So happy for you and your family :)

Time to crack open the Guinness me thinks and wash it down with plenty of ice cream! Hope you all had a good time at the cinema.

Please do come back and update your blog when you're ready to let us know how you're doing x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

If you do find yourself getting down go and see your Doc

Mine put me on PROZAC . It takes 2 - 6 weeks to kick in but it really takes the edge of the blues.

I was up and down like a yoyo and the stuff 'levelled me out'

Good luck