nipple problem after rads

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 323 subscribers

Morning, has anyone had any problems with cracked nipple following rads?  I finished rads 5 days ago, have been using Flamanol gel as given to me by nurse as nipple very sore, however finding nipple has become very sore and cracked, not sure whether to keep using the gel or to let it dry up. Anyone had any similar probs, thank you, Margy x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Glad you have listened to good advice! I used to go to the gym 3/4 times a week, line dancing, Zumba gold, swimming and Pilates but I have put my membership on hold until I know I am not going to irritate anything. I am still fine and hardly pink at all, just a little underneath. I still get sharp shooting pains but nothing really, long may it continue. I must admit I keep waiting for something to happen as my skin is very fair and sensitive. We go on holiday 2nd September so will probably just stick to walking until after then. Take care. Love Joyce 

• Hi Margy,

I am experiencing the same thing thank you so much for asking the Question. I am 2 weeks post radiotherapy and now have nipples I haven’t had since breastfeeding for the first time 19 years ago. 
    I think my sports bra didn’t help. I haven’t been running just Judo training. I will keep an eye on it and keep moisturising as recommended by others. 
    Ro

• Hi all, experiencing exactly same thing sore nipple cracked and underneath the boob sore as well I use the gel I was given and the little soft pads i was given that I put in my sports bra really helps...I have sharp shooting pains across boob and underneath my arm. I finished rad 2 and half  weeks ago actually really tired as well and body feels like ive been hit with a sledge hammer...still doing my walking everyday taking my little dog out...I do average 5 miles a day keeps me sane Blushx