yorkiechick's blog

• First Appointment

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    My husband Tom had his 1st appointment with the oncologist at The Queens romford yesterday.I had got myself into a right stew about what they would say to us. When we got there we had aright good laugh with the receptionist when she kept saying toTom" white british are you white british" when he is clearly mixed race, she thought he had been sitting in the sun that was brilliant!! the hospital is new and spotlessly clean…
  • Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Sorry to everybody who said Hi to me in the chatroom as I have never been in one before I messed it all up.I tried every button and it finally came up as did I want a private conversation with OZZY I panicked as I am not that kind of girl regardless of the rumours!!!! well not on the 1st conversation anyway HA! HA! I will try and find somebody who knows what they are doing! join you all later. Love Christinexxxxxxxx…
  • I am so angry!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Sorry everybody but I am so angry about the way my husband has been treated I need to have a rant!.Last Friday I recieved a phone call from the hospial where Tom had his surgery to tell me that all his notes and scans had been sent to our local hospital so he could start his radiotherapy and chemo the person apolojised and told me that for some reason the person who was mean't to send the information hadn't ( I had been…
  • treatment

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Thanks so much for the messages from Purple Fairy and Debs, it really heiped me as all I could see was doom and gloom. I realize now from reading everybodies blogs what a Fab!!! bunch of people you all are and I hope in the future I may be of support to anyone in my position. I have one more question How long after brain surgery do you start radiotherapy? as I can't seem to get hold of the oncology team and I haven…
  • Help Needed

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Everybody This my first Blog is there anybody that can give any advise or pearls of wisdom to help me as my husband Tom has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour called Glioblastoma multiforme grade 4.and will have radio and chemotherapy for 6 weeks. Our daughter is getting married on september the 5th 09.will he be well enough to be there after treatment? he looks so well at the moment you would not know anything…