My amazing friend

• Is this the world's greatest hospital?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Daniel is still being treated at the Royal Marsden and after being so devastated that he was going to have to spend his Christmas there, as the big day approaches I am just more and more impressed each day with the place!

When I first heard that Daniel would be having chemo Christmas Day, I did my absolute best to try and plan some elaborate surprises for him to make his day that little bit more special.  But I largely…

• Best fundraiser EVER!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So, I'm sorry I've not updated in a while, I've been very pre-occupied . . . with doing a skydive!

I was feeling as though the whole situation with Daniel was getting all a bit doom and gloom, well from my perspective anyway.  He is ALWAYS cheerful and finds the good in everything no matter how sick he's feeling.  So I tried to think what I could do to be productive, lift my mood and join him in his positivity…

• The Return of The Egg

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So Daniel's on his second of 4 rounds of chemo (hopefully).  He'd started to think he was going to get away without losing his hair this time, but apparently no such luck.  When he was having chemo before and lost his hair he lovingly nick named himself 'The Egg' and now it seems we're seeing the eggs return.

When Daniel started to lose his hair both times, he's let his 8 year old nephew shave his head…

• Chemo Christmas

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So Daniel re-started his chemo on Monday.  This time around he's opted to take part in a clinical trial, as it means he'll get a lot more monitoring.  He researched the different arms of chemo that were available on the trial and he wasn't overly opposed to any of them, so it seemed like the best option for him.  He was lucky in that he was given the arm of chemo he was hoping for too.

Hopefully, he's only going…

• He's got cancer! . . . The rest of the world should stop turning

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Daniel's the first person I've ever been close to that has battled cancer.  I guess what I'd never really considered before was how difficult it must be to cope with all the normal day to day pressures of life, whilst having cancer at the same time.

Cancer or no cancer, you still need money to live and potentially you need even more money when you're travelling backwards and forwards to London for treatment…