Triple Negative grade 3 Breast Cancer - my journey

• Monday 3rd December

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I'm feeling ok considering what's been pumped into me! I still feel nauseas in the night and on waking, but I'm fine once I start taking the anti sickness tablets in the day. The steroids make me feel restless, which is not a good combination when I feel so tired!!! My middle daughter came to stay yesterday for a few days, which is wonderful. It's great having the lovely company, but having my meals cooked for me and…
  • Saturday 1st December

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    It's been a tiring and eventful few days since my last post. On Thursday, I had my PICC line fitted. As a real needle phobic, myself and my daughter were amazed at how calm I stayed throughout the whole procedure! I am convinced that the hypnotherapy session I had on Monday afternoon was the reason for this. Once you've had the local anesthetic injection into the arm, you don't really feel anything. Mine went into position…
  • Wednesday 28th November, 2012

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Today is a much needed day of rest and I will not be changing out of my PJ's! It's also been a belated opportunity to create my blog!! I've been tying up a few loose ends this week, via emails and telephone calls, prior to the start of my treatment. I will also do an online shop today. I don't know how my appetite will be affected, but I will get some nice things in. My middle daughter is coming on the train to stay for…
  • Tuesday 27th November 2012

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    This was my first outpatient visit at the Velindre Cancer Hospital to have bloods taken and my oncology appointment. It felt surreal sat in the waiting area surrounded by cancer patients. I was there nearly two hours and passed the time thinking, reading a newspaper and even a bit wig spotting! I wanted to shout out, I shouldn't be here, it's all been a horrible mistake, get me out of here!! I felt a bit freaked out to…
  • Monday 26th November - chemo number one week!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    On Monday, I attended a 'Chemo Education' session at Velindre hospital in Cardiff. It was helpful. We were all given an electronic thermometer and had a go of using it. I love a freebie!! I collected yet another booklet to add to my ever increasing pile of cancer related paperwork. I had a chat with one of the lovely nurses about my needle phobia and the outcome being that I am having a PICC line fitted on Thursday, prior…