Can someone help please

Less than one minute read time.

Have been told mum has 3-6 weeks to live they have moved her to a hospital nearer to home and then a jr doctor says it maybe fungal lung infection and things may not be as bad as they thought.  Managed to speak with the consultant who was a nasty man who could not of cared less and told me they dont really know now and they are treating her for a fungal infection and in his words they are in LIMBO and cant tell us any more for the next couple of weeks afiter the drugs have worked and she has had another scan.  We as a family are so upset shocked and just dont know what to do now can anyone help or advise what to do now.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

what a shame about you and your mums treatment from the consultant.  i agee that you need to complain officially and demand a 2nd opinion. fortuneately i have a wonderful consultant who explains everything and has even phoned me personally to tell me about scan results. it seems not every one has good, sympathetic consultants. i wish you and your mother well. xx

• if you need help complaining speak to the PALS service at the hospital they will try to resolve things for you.

heres hoping it is a misdiagnosis

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Poppy,

What can I say that has not already been said. The

only thing I can suggest to you and your Family is to wait until you get a definate answer.The conduct of your  Mums Consultant is beyond belief. So Keep

in touch and let us know the outcome  thats if you and your Family Dont mind.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hello Poppy

my sister was in that ward in the colchester hospital too after being taken there from the dreaded Broomfield hospital:(

Its terrible how you are having to suffer from these idiot Drs ive had some of that aswell.

Have you seen a Dr called Dr Tahir?  he was the only one who helped my sister he is an oncologist based at Colchester and works in Broomfield too.

I would try and talk to the sister in charge there aswell and tell her you can`t carry on like this..sometimes the sister can help i did find one or 2 kind ones in Colchester!

I really hope that it turns out to be a fungal infection that can at least be treated and mum can be more comfortable.

Please pm me if you need to talk (((hugs))

love scarlet xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your comments I will let you know how things go