pheonixx2's blog

• Update

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi everyone, Just thought I would give a quick update on what's been going on! I did get through for an interview for Cancer Advice and Support Assistant at the new cancer centre openeing in a few weeks at my local hospital. Apparently there were 80 applicants but unfortunately I didn't get the job. I spent 2 hours with CAB on Thursday filling in the DLA form. My goodness, what a session! The lady was really nice…
  • Poem

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi everyone, I saw this posted on another forum and asked permission to put it here, which was given. Sadly this gentleman's wife passed away with Cancer last week and it was her funeral today. This was read out by a friend: May I share a short poem that we had read (I could not have done it myself). God saw you getting tired When a cure was not to be; So he closed His arms around you And whispered, "Come to Me."…
  • Cancer I could deal with but finances.......

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I have just come off the phone from speaking to Jobseeker's information and feel sick... I am trying to get back to some sort of normality and desperatley need to get back into work. I can't go back to what I was doing before diagnosis because of the lymphoedema in my right foot/lower leg. I WAS standing for 7 hours a day but not able to now. My SSP ran out the middle of February and I have been living on my credit…
  • Trying to get back to some sort of 'normal'!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi everyone, I thought I would do a quick update of life at the moment! I have had to sign on at local Jobcentre as not able to go back to the job I had been doing due to standing for 7 hours a day. Although I have my compression stocking for the lymphoedema in my right lower leg/foot I can't wear them for too long because unfortunately where the compression part comes in across the ankle it cuts right across my skin…
  • Time for an up-date!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hello everyone. It's been a while since I posted a blog and wanted to share what has happened since my 'all clear'. I couldn't go back to the work I was doing because of standing for long stretches of time ( left with Lymphoedema in foot and lower leg so proud owner of 'sexy' compression stockings!). I have signed on at the local Jobcentre and they have been very helpful and arranging for me to see a Disability Advisor…