not waving but drowning

• going round in circles

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dad-in-law is getting worse. His memory is deteriorating to the extent that he can't remember which family member has taken him out & where he has been.

He is very weak. When he has been put to bed he can't sit up and have a drink or switch on his lamp, so when the carer last night forgot to leave his hall light on and he woke up, he didn't know where he was as it was dark. (He is blind in one eye). Last week…

• GLOOM

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It was quite a good day, for a Monday. It rained, of course, but I didn't collide with any deer on my way to work, didn't get held up in roadworks or stuck behind a tractor.

When I got home, J was still out at his dad's but was back in time for tea.

Today's alarming news was that my stepdaughter's dog had had a fit this morning, and her partner had been bitten when trying to stop the dog choking on its tongue…

• cautiously optimistic

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Perhaps a glimmer of hope through the all-pervading gloom...

Doctor visited dad-in-law today. His bloods are normal now (as in his liver & kidneys seem ok) so she has prescribed him some antidepressants. A tiny dose, but it may have a placebo effect. Let's hope so,

She also managed to convince him to try a week's respite care in a care home!!! J and his brother talked yesterday, then J and their sister talked…

• my family and another animal

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My lovely family and Wee Dug last August, before we knew my dad was dying and before J's dad was diagnosed. Our last family holiday before #1 girl (front, centre) went to uni. Son and #2 daughter have grown even more since then. So have I (horizontally).