not waving but drowning

• scattering ashes

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's been ten months, nearer eleven, since my father died and all this time his ashes have been sitting on a shelf in the undertaker's cupboard while my mother decided what she wanted to do with them.
    My mother and I do not have an easy relationship: we don't 'do' feelings, for example, never have. This week, sherang up and announced that she and her large and weirdly-behaved dog were coming to see us. Oh the…

• for the attention of Odin and other hat-wearers

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Here's my daft husband last year in his daft hat (with feather). The hat looks much more disreputable now. The offensive weapon in his hand is a walking stick he was given as a retirement present in 2008 (in case anyone was alarmed).

• my poor wee boy is leaving school tomorrow

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This was in January on his 16th birthday. I think he's grown yet again.

He's a good lad and I HOPE he manages to get the apprenticeship he wants.

• and now, as promised, Jubilee Japanese Unicyclists

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Random, or what? (They were very good but we still don't know WHY).

• curiouser & curiouser

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had a strange but pleasant afternoon with mah boy getting him Prom-ready. Cost more than I had hoped (i.e. more than £20: I live in a parallel universe) but he will look fantabulous so who cares...

J took Dog to be clipped so we had to bath him (the dog) in the bath first. He was very good and submitted to showering and blowdrying, and is like a white teddy bear now, with his short, velvety hair.

THEN (of course…