not waving but drowning

• october again

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's a year since my father was admitted to hospital.While there, he had a scan. Then he went straight into palliative care in a hospice. Then after about a fortnight he died.

Cancer is shit.

• curiouser & curiouser

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had a strange but pleasant afternoon with mah boy getting him Prom-ready. Cost more than I had hoped (i.e. more than £20: I live in a parallel universe) but he will look fantabulous so who cares...

J took Dog to be clipped so we had to bath him (the dog) in the bath first. He was very good and submitted to showering and blowdrying, and is like a white teddy bear now, with his short, velvety hair.

THEN (of course…

• feeling small

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh dear, how I need a hug right now. A big, squashy one from somebody who loves me and understands.

Well, obviously that's not going to happen in the 3D world! Husband has gone out to the pub with his mate to watch football and will go on a long walk with him and Wee Dug for most of tomorrow. My kids choose not to have anything to do with their grandfather's anniversary, the inlaws and stepkids have nothing to do with…

• update on DIL

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for your kind comments and hugs, everybody.

The latest today is that a syringe driver is being fitted, a Macmillan nurse is caring for DIL in the care home and he is too far gone to be moved to a hospice (or to any other place, despite J's bossy sister's somewhat harebrained ideas). As usual, it's not possible to give a time frame, but the mac nurse reckons on days at the most. (Which is what I'd thought…