kezzerbird.....In the words of Victor Meldrew!!!!

1 minute read time.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT....well today I should have gone to see Nigel my looney Oncologist but having not heard from the hospital driver I phoned the hospital and was told that they do not arrange transport anymore! Oh my mind reading skills are failing me!!!! I was told that I would have to find my own way down, well for me does that mean I have to walk 35 miles? I have no transport ( I have a large motor bike which I cannot ride because I am not strong enough to hold it up!!!) Not only am I collecting tumours for a past time and the only reason that I am still standing is because of my Morphine running 24/7, now I can't get to the hospital!!! I phoned my Mac nurse Mike about this and now it seems that I have to pay for transport but maybe able to get my money back, maybe! What a joke eh!!!! Nothing really has happened of late with me, I find that I am fighting tiredness and this bloody weather doesn't help, I think Cornwall has had the rest of the countries rain quota. Yesterday I took my crazy dog out for her walk or should I say, she took me for a walk!! the sun was shinning when I went out and just has I took to the end of my road it chucked it down, oh great but then a rainbow appeared and I haven't seen one of those for awhile. I am still getting the "Oh you look so well" from everyone I see, which drives me crazy, I wish I felt how I look but hey ho you can't have it all!!!!! Right guys I am going to have another bucket of tea and then try and get off my bum and do something before I fall asleep. Sending love and hugs to all my mates......Carol xxxx

I am not dying of cancer, I am living with it

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

im disgusted that you have to pay for transport my mate lives in essex and she gets hospital transport to barts when she has apps with the onc and when she goes for her chemo how dare they not take you just another sword to grind my love keep smiling what else can we do but dont give up get on that soap box girl and use that voice take care love and hugs jen xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol, good to ehar from you but not good to hear that you can no longer have free transport to the hospital.  Yet another Cameron and Clegg cut?!  It's an absolute disgrace.  I wish I lived near you I would gladly come and drive you to the hospital.  Sending you love and hugs.  Caroline XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I can't believe it either!!!!!  What a great series that was!

Oh kezzer, what a wonderful spirit you have despite everything.  I'd gladly ferry you to hospital but I think I live a bit too far away.  I do hope you get something sorted out.  As some have said, I'm sure there are volunteer drivers who can give you a lift.

Sorry to hear you're wet and soggy down in Cornwall.  We've spent a couple of hols there and when it rains, it rains with a vengeance as you well know.  Lovely place though.  

Now you mention it, I haven't seen a rainbow for a long time either.  Hope it lifted your spirits, despite the soaking.  

Give your dog a loving pat from me and a friendly 'woof' from my little JLT Gemma.  She's buried herself under the cushions on the sofa as I type, sulking because 'daddy' isn't around (he's in the Mac Unit).  She's visited him a couple of times but still looks for him when she gets home, as if he might have run home ahead of us.  Bless!

Take care my love and keep on posting.  

Lots of love and *hugs*, Madge x x x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol, sorry to hear that the adminicrats(new word!) have struck again, with the rain you should don the sexy wet suit and body board to that hospital, which nobody likes very much.

Take care my 'ansome and look after yourself.

Tony xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hope transport gets sorted for you - its a disgrace.

Lots of love

Susanxxxx