kezzerbird.....In the words of Victor Meldrew!!!!

1 minute read time.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT....well today I should have gone to see Nigel my looney Oncologist but having not heard from the hospital driver I phoned the hospital and was told that they do not arrange transport anymore! Oh my mind reading skills are failing me!!!! I was told that I would have to find my own way down, well for me does that mean I have to walk 35 miles? I have no transport ( I have a large motor bike which I cannot ride because I am not strong enough to hold it up!!!) Not only am I collecting tumours for a past time and the only reason that I am still standing is because of my Morphine running 24/7, now I can't get to the hospital!!! I phoned my Mac nurse Mike about this and now it seems that I have to pay for transport but maybe able to get my money back, maybe! What a joke eh!!!! Nothing really has happened of late with me, I find that I am fighting tiredness and this bloody weather doesn't help, I think Cornwall has had the rest of the countries rain quota. Yesterday I took my crazy dog out for her walk or should I say, she took me for a walk!! the sun was shinning when I went out and just has I took to the end of my road it chucked it down, oh great but then a rainbow appeared and I haven't seen one of those for awhile. I am still getting the "Oh you look so well" from everyone I see, which drives me crazy, I wish I felt how I look but hey ho you can't have it all!!!!! Right guys I am going to have another bucket of tea and then try and get off my bum and do something before I fall asleep. Sending love and hugs to all my mates......Carol xxxx

I am not dying of cancer, I am living with it

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Can't you get stabilisers for your bike? OK tell me to bollox. Your transport situation is ludicrous - what the hell are they playing at? My GP told the hospital that I wasn't able to sit to travel and got ambulanced everywhere - but it was only 12 miles each way. So sorry to hear that the pain is so bad that you need morphine 24/7 to function - you need to see Nutty Nigel as well to find out what is happening. What about the weather? We are in a dust bowl and all of the farmers are crying that they won't make any money this year. I suppose your won't coz all of their stuff is drowned! Our dog will stand, sit, beg, walk on her hind legs, give her your paw, roll over but take her to the obedience class and all she does is mess about. Unbelievable!

I know you won't let the bastards grind you down

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Kezzerbird

Keep that sense of humor gal your fabulous.  Good luck with getting the crummy transport sorted.

Love

Jules xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Carol, I would offer to give you a piggyback my lovely as I don't drive.......but it might take me some time to get there.  What's the world coming to eh when you can't even get picked up & taken to hospital.  It's all crap & red tape.

It's just a relief to hear from you my friend, keep doing what you're doing mate.

Love ya,  Debs xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol,

I have just sent you a p.m. with some info which might help.

Cheers,

Lisa x

• like everyone so pleased to hear from you, your fan club misses your regular daft posts.

Sorry to hear they are making life so much harder for you, does you county voluteers centre run a free transport scheme as we have one local to me.

perhaps some inline skates and your dog pulling you you may make it in about 3 hrs.

Keep drinking the tea its obviously what makes the difference.

big hug

johnx