kezza33's blog

• omgHAIR!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi everyone me again just another wee question... as you know my mum has hodgkins and she has been having abvd however this is her into her 8th week since starting chemo, and her hair has thinned (a lot!) although she still has a thin covering over her head even though u can see through it lol i was wondering if this is normal because they told her shed loose her hair although im aware that some people dont loose…

• HODGEKINS-A FEW WEE QUERIES FOR EVERYONE

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    hi all well mum had her 5th treatment last week for hodgekins and i was just wanting to find out if how she is feeling is normal really , and if anyone can relate to it, well, she went for a lung function test two weeks ago and thre results were fairly good, she was told she had slightly improved which was good because an improvement in the first 6 to 8 weeks is usually very rare. so that was good news. she went for…
  • Feeling scared about, well, everything!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    hi everyone feeling a mixture of emotions just now . my mum is about to have her third chemo session which means she has completed one cycle of abvd for hodgekins. it was found in her chest only. however i am starting to let my mind wander thinking terrible things like what if it is in her bone marrow etc or rain, it sounds terrible but i keep imagining the worst things. she had a boine marrow test before starting her…
  • Giving a little back!!! xxx

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    hi everyone! just a wee lighthearted blog entry to let everyone know me and my two friends are running the Race for Life for cancer research in glasgow on june 7th! it should be fun although i am so unfit just now!!! i only signed up on wednesday and i have raised 250 pounds already! go me! should hopefully get a lot more , got a month to go! hope everyone is fine love to all k x x x x
  • Side effects of chemo- everyone welcome to comment!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    hi everyone, im just writing to try and find out what kind of symptoms anyone with hodgkins lymphoma has had with their chemo? my mum had her first session of abvd on tuesday. since then she hasnt felt sick or been sick, she felt a bit spaced out on wednesday night and tired, but on thursday felt totally fine. today she has aching glands in her neck and armpits and chest , but they are not swollen. her lymphoma is in…