BrambleDigger's blog

• Christchurch / Ringwood / Lyndhurst / New Milton

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    This might be strange - might even be ban-able - but I don't care! I have spent all day today - and will spent all day tomorrow (Sunday 11th May) directing parking at my employer's stately home! The gardens (all 30 plus acres of them) are open to the public, just for this weekend. If you are anywhere near, come and have a look - bring a picnic and spend all day wandering around the beautiful landscaped grounds. Admission…
  • Am I doing the right thing………?

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well, I never expected to be posting like this. It is 6 minutes past two in the morning on Bank Holiday Monday, a time when all normal mortals in the New Forest are tucked up nice and cosy in their leafy burrows. Steve, as you can see, is not. I am sitting at the keyboard of my faithful old computer, waiting for the paracetamol to take away the mother of all headaches, caused by yet another session of Australian Shiraz…
  • The next step will be.......?

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Friends…. OK, so it’s been a while since the last blog – but there really has has been beggar all to tell (unless you want to know about my toe nail cuttings……..No, I thought not) Anyway – yesterday I went to Salisbury to see my Consultant or, as the letter said, a member of the team. Two weeks ago I had an MRI scan to see if the cancer had escaped the prostate and had found its way around the rest of my body - heaven…
  • No news - is it good news? I don't think so.......

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well now - I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. It's just that I have nothing much to tell - even tonight (Tuesday) nothing has changed. I still feel quite well (which must be good), I still have a job (which must be good) and I've just had a nice meal (which must be good). So, Dr Freud, does that mean that all is good? I'm not sure. Don't get me wrong - I'm nowhere near as low as I was last week. Nothing…
  • You all have no idea how much you've helped....

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    This is going to be a very brief note - simply to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has written blog comments and sent me PMs after my Dark Night blog about Thursday / Friday. So many of you have been to the same places I went to - and, I guess, I will go there again - but, with your help, next time I will be ready to fight the demons, beat the beggers and get out the other side. Last night - Friday / Saturday - I…