BrambleDigger's blog

• Hump Day

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Today was Hump Day. Not that I was asked to feed the camels at work. They wouldn’t trust me to do it, even if we had any. It’s just ….. well, Wednesday is the hump of the week, isn’t it? Just a normal scabby day, really. Not much to interest anyone, unless you happen to like maintaining old cottages and farm buildings – that’s what I do to make the days pass. I work for two rural landowners and look after all their…
  • You Couldn’t Make it Up – Part 2

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    After yesterday’s long epistle, I thought I would leave the actual clinic story until today. Give you all a bit of breathing (and in Carolannt’s case, peeing) space, as it were. The clinic was quite bland compared with the journey up there but – as befits a great National Health Hospital – Salisbury could still spring a few surprises. Marly asked about parking at SDH (Salisbury District Hospital) and was surprised when…
  • You couldn’t make it up………really you couldn’t!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I’ve always thought that I’m a wordsmith – a bit of a writer (although I have no idea which bit!) People that know me well certainly say that I’m an Artist – but they usually precede the word Artist with another word, far too rude to place before your tender young eyes. However, I’ve had the kind of day that just could not be imagined. Are you sitting comfortably? Then I’ll begin……. Last night, I had set the alarm for…
  • Almost there.....

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well, I might not be a regular poster at the moment (although I do have All Bran for breakfast every morning), but I would like to share the start of the end of my cancer with you. Monday is Pre-Op day – a trip to Salisbury for all the form-filling, prodding and poking that, I’m told, is vital for the safe completion of my operation. I’ve got to be there by 09:00 – do you think I’ll be able to swing a whole day off work…
  • The Journey gets more .......interesting??

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Back again - did you miss me? No - I didn't think so ;-( Well, the next part of my journey has been confirmed. I'm to go under the knife on Friday 12th June. A quick radical prostatectomy in my lunch break and, according to my boss, I'll be back at work in no time......yeah, right! Has he any idea? Not a bit. Others in the office are more in tune. They keep popping in to see me, just to make sure I'm OK. It's very…