Getting some symptoms - can't get a GP appointment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi,
The past few weeks I've had really bad backache which I assumed was due to posture/exercise. Last week it seemed to be getting better but now it's worse than ever.

So I was looking up symptoms and think it might be related to TC. One testicle has always been slightly firmer but no lumps or anything. The past 2 days there has been a dull ache but I find this happens every so often. When I checked this morning and this evening there didn't seem to be too much different in terms of firmness and neither are by any means rock hard.
My backache seems to be OK in the morning but gets worse as the day progresses, come the end of the day I'm usually in agony but wake up the next morning fine. It's also accompanied by chest pain, right in the middle of my chest just above my belly I suppose, it seems to be affecting my breathing but I'm overweight and a smoker too so it might not be related to this issue.

My family has no history of TC or any other cancers at all, I know quite a few people who have and recovered so it's made me more aware.
I can't seem to get into the doctors without it being an emergency, which it isn't but I feel like I need some reassurance
Do people think it's likely? My back pain seems to come and go so it may well be posture related which I'm hoping

Many thanks in advance

• Hi Oj,

You are right to get it checked - so persevere with getting an appointment.

The symptoms you describe are pretty generic, could be many things, but one of those could be TC. The odds of it being TC are low (2000 cases / 31 million men per year), but if it is TC then the chances of a full cure are pretty much in the high 90%s.

Google can be a nightmare - you read that itchy fingers is a symptom of TC and then you start to feel your fingers itching. A classic and differentiating symptom is night sweats and/or back ache that doesn't go away with laying down, fatigue etc.

So, go and get that appointment, it will put your mind at rest, or there is a very low chance you might need some treatment. TC doesn't move that quickly, and so waiting a week or two for an appointment is normally not here or there with regards to TC. The doctor may suggest an ultrasound if they want to have a good look at the areas giving you grief.

It sounds like you need to see the GP anyway whether it is TC or not to get rid of that back and chest pain

Take care,

Greg

• Hi, I now have an incurable secondary lung cancer that stemmed from an original Stage 1A H+N cancer. I’m sanguine about everything and my treatments etc. BUT the one thing that could have helped was an earlier GP appointment. I only got in much later than I wanted by phoning up and telling lies. Otherwise it’s impossible. In my last months I’m determined to work to improve that in some way. But in the meantime please do whatever to get an appointment!

Still one of the lucky ones.
    dadthebikeracer on Wordpress 
    @chemocyclist on Twitter