zoelaw's blog

• Chapter 6

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ive just collected Joe from hospital, hes upstairs playing on his xbox and has eaten a KFC on the way home.  All seems so normal, so good and this makes what we have just been told by his surgeon so so difficult to comprehend.  We were told that the tumour was large but confined to the stomach wall and out of 18 lymphnodes removed only 2 were effected - so far so good - then he told us that whilst he was operating he noticed…

• Chapter 5

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi,

This is a goodbye message to everyone who has been so kind and supportive to me since I joined the site.  Ive asked admin to remove my profile but would like you all to know that you will remain very much in my thoughts and prayers.

Zoe xxx

• Chapter 4

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone, I havent logged on for a while but its good to be back.  I m really happy to report nothing but positives.  Joe only has another 10 days of chemo and is doing so well.  Hes looking and feeling so much better and has maintained his weight, his bloods have been fine, no nausea, and hes even managed to hang on to most of his hair.  When he was examined last the oncologist could not feel any mass in his stomach,…

• Chapter 3

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    All systems go. The last 2 weeks have been surreal and a real mixture of highs and lows. Joe started his first cycle of chemo (ECF) on friday at Cheltenham. What a lovely hospital, the nurses are fantastic and the consultant Dr Reed is kind, caring and positive. They have a tranquil garden by the Oncology unit and I sat out there while Joe was having a chest xray to check his PICC line. I felt something on my shoulder…
  • Chapter 2

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Today is proving to be a little 'difficult' so please forgive my ramblings. Joe and I returned from hospital on Wednesday and are expecting the results of his PET scan today. His laparoscopy was promising, no visible signs of the cancer spreading, but I have a real sense of unease today and im not sure how to deal with it. Hospital was not what I expected and our keyworker let us down. I had arranged to meet her on…